Thread: Problems with HP Slim 8GB Pen Drive

Problems with HP Slim 8GB Pen Drive

Hi. I have a desktop system of configuration Intel pentium dual core processor with Windows Xp service pack 2 as the operating system installed in it. I recently purchased a Hp slim 8 Gb pendrive and the problem is with the flash drive. It is not getting detected. Its not been even a month since I have purchased. Please help. Thank you.

Re: Problems with HP Slim 8GB Pen Drive

The problem associated with the pendrive should not be a worry for you. As its not even a month that you have purchased the drive you can get it replaced from the retailer from where you have purchased it. It will be in the warranty period so you can get the thing done in your way. If there isn't any physical damage done to the portable drive then it can be replaced.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You should try to check your drive by connecting it to the other port of your system. There can be a possibility that your port may not be responding well. It does happen that sometimes due to the disfunctioning of your USB ports your drive do not respond and may not get detected. This has to be taken into consideration and take the necessary steps.

The problem may also be associated with the operating system that it may not be able to allocate the drive for the device. You can do it by following the steps as:
    Click Start open the Run command and type compmgmt.msc, Click ok. You will get a option for Disk Management. Click on it. The Disk Management window will appear.On this window, you can see some drives including the portable drive. Right click on your device drive and click change drive letter.
    You can then assign a new drive letter which should not match up with any other drive letter.

hello...........iam using hp 8gb slim pendrive............but now a days my sysyem was not detecting..............i tried even proceure like start run..........so on........but even it s not detecting...........i want to know whether its a system problem........r damaging of my pen drive.........but even the other pendrives r detecting............except the hp pen drive..........plz reply
    Last edited by kiri kiran kumar; 20-07-2011 at 12:51 PM.

If the problem is only with your PenDrive than obviously the problem is with your pen drive and not the system. Did you tried attaching it with any other system, is it getting detected there ? If not, than simply try to format it by right clicking and Format. See if it gets format, if not, than its dead.

unsure Re: Problems with HP Slim 8GB Pen Drive

hello ...........even i tried using the same pen drive in other systems....but its not detected............and iam unable to format it bcoz the icon(lyk removable disk) is not appearing in my computer......so what to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by kiri kiran kumar View Post
    hello ...........even i tried using the same pen drive in other systems....but its not detected............and iam unable to format it bcoz the icon(lyk removable disk) is not appearing in my computer......so what to do now.
    The Hp pen drive might be not dectected in your computer due to "Removable storage" service, enabled in your system by Microsoft updates. Goto Run -> type "msconfig" -> goto "services" tab -> Disable "Removable storage" service & restart your system. Microsoft claims that this new service improves USB drive performance. But I don't see any performance difference after disabling it.