Thread: No Wi-Fi and Bluetooth after updating Iphone

No Wi-Fi and Bluetooth after updating Iphone

Hi,

I recently used the Pwnage2.2 to upgrade my firmware on my iPhone (3G). The phone was working correctly and fine before the update. But now the problem is bluetooth and wi-fi greyed out. After that, I cannot use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on my iphone. How to fix this problem?

Re: No Wi-Fi and Bluetooth after updating Iphone

There are several problems that may occur with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on your iphone:
    • The iPhone gets an Wi-Fi or Bluetooth address (you can check this by looking in the settings: Settings> General> scroll down to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth address).
    • The iPhone seems connected to a Wi-Fi network but can not use Wi-Fi to retrieve e-mail, Internet connections and other data.
    • The Wi-Fi or Bluetooth icons in the iPhone are gray colored and give the impression that they are inactive.
    • The iPhone can not be linked with a Bluetooth accessory.
    • By Settings> Wi-Fi tapping appear no values for IP address, subnet mask, router, or DNS.

You need to do basic iPhone troubleshooting as described in the User Guide as well as troubleshoot your router, and ISP connection. The first thing to do is reset your phone (press both home and sleep/wake buttons until the Apple logo appears, to check whether your iphone is operating properly.

Apple recommends in an article in the knowledge base on the iPhone to sync with iTunes to back up any information such as contacts and appointments. Then you have to follow the below steps :

Step 1.
    Go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset network settings. Go to Settings> General> About to see if the iPhone is now a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth address shows. If so, then you're done. Otherwise go to step 2.

Step 2.
    Go to Settings> General> Reset> Erase all contents and settings. Check again whether there is now a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi address shown. Is that still the case, then go to Step 3.

Step 3.
    Perform a restore operation via iTunes. Synchronize with the old settings. Check again and possibly go to step 4.

Step 4.
    Possibly your iPhone or iPod touch require a repair.