Thread: How to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support

How to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support

Hi,

I have updated iTunes on my windows vista pc. When I connect it, I get a error message saying that it needs a newer version of Apple Mobile Device Support and that I should uninstall and reinstall iTunes. But I am not able uninstall via accessing the control panel, whats the problem? Now I want to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, they would be greatly appreciated

Re: How to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support

Download and install the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, Now launch Windows Installer CleanUp ( "Start> Programs> Windows Install Clean Up"), find any Apple wireless device support in the program list in the cleanup, select the entries of mobile devices from Apple Support, and click "Remove."
    Leave the cleaning, restart the PC and try installing fresh copy of itunes.

To uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support, try the below steps :
    1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
    2. In Control Panel, open Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Select Apple Mobile Device Services from the list of currently installed programs, then click Uninstall.
    4. When asked if you would like to remove Apple Mobile Device Services, click Yes.
    5. After the uninstallation is complete, do not restart your computer if you are prompted to.

Sometimes not enough to uninstall iTunes, you must also uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support. Here are the instructions for doing so.
    1. Quit iTunes.
    2. On the Start menu, go to Control Panel.
    3. In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program. Will open the Control Panel Programs and Features.
    4. Alternatively, in Classic View of Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
    5. Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs, then click Uninstall.
    6. When asked if you would like to remove iTunes, select Yes
    7. Once the uninstallation is complete, do not restart if prompted.
    8. If other entries were present for iTunes remove those as well.
    9. In Programs and Features, remove Apple Mobile Device Support following the same procedure as iTunes.1
    10. Restart the computer.
    11. Once the computer restarts, open Local Disk C:, in My Computer or disk on which programs are installed.
    12. Open the Program Files folder.
    13. Click the right mouse button in the iTunes folder and select Delete and choose Yes when asked to confirm the deletion. Note: This folder may have already been deleted if iTunes was successfully removed in steps 1-7.
    14. Click the right mouse button on the Recycle Bin and on the shortcut menu, click Empty Recycle Bin.
    15. Restart the computer.

Download and install the latest version of iTunes from http://www.techarena.in/download/software/itunes.htm.