Thread: Auto switch timer in Nokia 5300

Auto switch timer in Nokia 5300

Hi. Well I have a Nokia 5300 xpress music edition phone. The thing is I liked the phone very much and especially the sound clarity of the phone is too good. but I just want to know whether there is any application or a software tool through which I can set a timer in order to switch off my application such as music player automatically when been played after the time is over. Please help. Thank you.

Re: Auto switch timer in Nokia 5300

Hi. Well your Nokia 5300 xpress phone is a phone belonging to S40 series which means that it has inbuilt enabled application tools and software that are embedded and no other software can be installed form other source or medium. It does not support the feature. The auto timer is quite an application tool but it may not work out with your phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The phone can be installed with an software application. This is true that s40 series phone do not support software application but there is a possibility that your phone might support the application by updating its firmware. You need to update the software for your phone. This would result that you may set the application software for the music player by installing it.

In order to update the software for your 5300 phone, just go through these steps:-
    • Before updating, you might like to backup your phone's contents using Nokia PC Suite. These can be restored once the update is complete.
    • Download and install Nokia Software Updater (this need only be done once).
    • Connect your phone to your PC with a suitable USB cable and open Nokia Software Updater
    • Follow the on-screen prompts until your update is complete!

Download Nokia Pc Suite
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Hi. The problem is that you may not be able to install such software or the thing is you might not also be to get such software. I do not think any such software is into existence but if you want to know you can search for the software in Google. Also the other alternative can be by contacting your manufacturer. Good luck.