Thread: How format iPod on Windows pc

How format iPod on Windows pc

Hi,

I have a 30 gb ipod and I want to format it. Actually I had formatted it using mac pc but now I want to do it from my new Windows vista installed pc. Is it possible to s to format the ipod from windows and then restore it?

Re: How format iPod on Windows pc

To format iPod on Windows vista machine :

1. You can select the iPod in My Computer, right-click and choose Format.
    2. You can also do it from Disk Manager
    3. Right click on My Computer
    4. Select Manage
    5. Click on Disk Manager in the list on the left.

Re: How format iPod on Windows pc

For Windows-formatted iPod no need to worry, as Macs are compatible with both Windows and Mac-formatted iPod. However, if you have a Mac formatted iPod, then transfer to Windows requires that the iPod is reformatted. When a re-formatted iPod will need to reload all the songs back. If a backup of the iPod is available only to restore or reload .. If there is no backup or not available / accessible, it could use an iPod recovery software and safely recover data from iPod. Just connect your iPod to your computer and run the software that recovery of all lost data.

To format iPod on Windows pc. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements to use iPod for Windows Software 1.0. For more information about system requirements, see technical document 60,971, "iPod: System Requirements.

2. Locate the iPod for Windows Software 1.0 CD-ROM that came with your iPod, and insert it into the drive of your computer.

3. Installing iPod software for Windows 1.0. For more information see technical document 61,669, "iPod for Windows Software 1.0: How to install".

4. Connect your iPod to your computer via the FireWire cable that came with your iPod. If your computer does not have a FireWire port to see the Apple Store compatible FireWire card that you can install on your computer.

5. Open the Updater and restore software.
    1. Choose the Updater from the Start menu: Programs> iPod.
    2. Click Restore.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.

After following these steps, the iPod hard disk has been formatted as FAT32, and work with computers that have a compatible version of the Windows operating system.

ipod make me confused sometimes.In fact,you can do wahtever you want to do just with a good tool.