Thread: Acer Aspire 8935G Screen Problem

Acer Aspire 8935G Screen Problem

I have an Acer Aspire 8935G laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bits. My Acer Aspire came with a 120GB hard drive and 512 MB memory. Soon after I installed the OS the display went haywire (distorted, etc). I then restarted thinking that perhaps it'd solve it, but the display started flashing different colors and once Windows had started it was warped. So, can any body tell me that why does i'm facing Acer Aspire 8935G screen problem? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Acer Aspire 8935G Screen Problem

Does it happen in Windows only (does it appear in BIOS setup menu)? I'm not sure on the whole lid switch is located, but i can tell you that it would probably be better to have you local pc repair shop fix it for you. They are probably much cheaper and do the same quality work. If it happens in Windows only then you may need to update the drivers.

Do you see the stripes at the acer logo screen right after you power it on? Or do they only appear in windows? I hard booted again, and the Acer display is fine, the Windows/DOS display is fine, when I rebooted into safe mode I saw the dark cloudy thing, then it progressed to vertical lines of varying colours and sizes, which changed, then eventually the display came on but it's not allowing me to update my driver, because it says it has the most recent one.

Press F2 at the Acer logo/post screen to config the BIOS. Use Windows 7 Recovery Disc and choose startup repair , to download windows 7 recovery disc. You can then
    change the boot order. I set my Acer Aspire 3002LCi to USB Floppy first,
    CD/DVD second, Hard Drive third, Network Boot last. Burn to disc then run that CD by pressing F8 in the first boosting screen. If you want to run in windows mode , download Sun VisualBox and run it. Or you can simply press F12 at the Acer logo/post screen, and the BIOS should let you select which device you want to use for that boot-up only.