Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-11-2009

Unable to unplug Transcend 2gb device safely

HI. I have a Transcend 2gb pendrive. The problem is whenever I connect my device with my desktop machine powered by Intel dual core processor and pre loaded with Windows vista it shows a dialog box that hardware cannot be removed or it is still functioning. I closed all the process executed by the drive but it still shows the same message whenever I try to unplug it. Please provide a solution.
Old 18-11-2009

Re: Unable to unplug Transcend 2gb device safely

Hello. Well the problem is quite general. The reason may be a virus is been affecting your system. Probably it is an autorun.exe virus. These virus generally executes the process and do not allow the device to stop processing. Due to this reason the device is actually not able to end the process and keeps executing. You need to perform an antivirus scan check wizard.
Old 18-11-2009

Hi. Autorun.exe viruses are not so easy to go virus. It is a kind of virus which may not be removed from the system with an antivirus software. It is a virus which manipulates and keep multiplying into folders and folders even while been deleted. For removing such a threat you need a special software. Autorun eater might help you out in eliminating such threats.
Old 18-11-2009

You can remove this threats by using an updated antivirus software or a malware. An update database of the software depending on the fact that it has featured to detect .exe virus and has the functionality to remove such threats. AVg 8.5 is recommended. If there is no virus issue check out your port. The usb port may be malfunctioning.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,