Thread: Sandisk 4gb unused partition

Sandisk 4gb unused partition

HI. I have recently purchased a Sandisk 4Gb pen drive. The thing is I am really not able to use the complete space whatever is been assigned. I mean I cannot use the complete 4 gb of my drive. Whenever I plug the device it shows that only 2.88 Gb total capacity of the drive it not usable the other available space. Please help.

Re: Sandisk 4gb unused partition

Hello. The problem is quite same with many of the people. Such cases are heard very often. The problem would be your pen drive is not been formatted. You need to format your drive. Formatting your drive would help you out. There is a possibility that until your drive is not formatted it would not work fine. Just try to re format your drive and then try to check out.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

It may result due to a virus downloaded into your drive. It is been fairly advised that you run a scan check for your drive using a good antivirus tool. A good antivirus tool will detect and remove the virus in order to eradicate the issue related with the unused disk partition. A virus basically uses the space on your drive and disallows user to access it.

You can do it or can use the unused disk partition by following the steps. Goto start. Select the control panel option and then go to Administrative tools. Select the Computer management tab and then select the storage option. You will find A disk management option. Select the option. You may find the drives on right hand side pane. Select your portable drive and delete the unused partition and create a new one. Good luck.