Thread: Palm Pre won't charge when WiFi is on

Palm Pre won't charge when WiFi is on

I have a new Palm Pre owner and i had to manually connect my pre to my home wifi. Now, I have a wifi network at home and at work. I also have my own mail server at home and at work. Last night, I plugged the phone into the wall got the "battery charging" notice and sound, and turned in for the night. I forgot I had left the WiFi on, and this morning when my alarm went off I was going to unplug the phone but noticed the battery icon in the top left was at less than half. So, can any body tell me that why does my Palm Pre won't charge when WiFi is on? Any one knows about it? Please help me to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Palm Pre won't charge when WiFi is on

The Palm Pre will automatically determine the encryption and authentication mechanisms used by OSU Wireless. Are you having problems surfing or with pocket mirror? It's a setting in the router IIRC. Something having to do with NAT Loopback. It's supposed to keep somebody from spoofing an internal IP again IIRC.

Can you use Wifi if you don't have a data package? The problem is that the Pre over Wifi is using the wrong destination IP address when attempting to connect to mail servers. I leave WiFi on 24-7 and charge the phone via the touchstone, car charger, & via USB port on my laptop at work with no problems whatsoever.

If you are connecting to your router, do you have it secured? If so, you'll need to enter your WEP key (or whatever method you used) to actually use the router. That wrong IP address seems to be acquired either by looking up the DNS information from the wrong DNS server (Sprint's external DNS server instead of the DNS server internal to your WiFi network) or caching the address that was looked up before the Wifi connected.