Thread: Samsung X420 is unable to detect through bluetooth

Samsung X420 is unable to detect through bluetooth

I am working on a Samsung X420 notebook. I am also having a bluetooth installed on my laptop. I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop. I am already having Windows XP Service Pack2. I was able to use my bluetooth when I earlier only had Windows XP, but now since I have installed Windows 7 my bluetooth is not detecting any bluetooth device. What can be the cause for this ?

Re: Samsung X420 is unable to detect through bluetooth

I am using an Acer Laptop. I also faced a similar issue where I was not able to connect to my Lexmark Printer through bluetooth. My laptop was not detecting any bluetooth devices. I followed the following steps: Right Click on My Computer icon on your desktop, Select Properties and click on the Hardware Tab. Over here Click on the Device Manager. This will display a list for you of all the devices on your laptop. It there is a yellow exclamation mark, it means you need to install or update the necessary drivers.

Probably it seems that your Samsung laptop is not able to support the two Operating Systems- Windows XP and Windows 7, at a time. This is why it might not be capable of using its Bluetooth. Try to un-install either of the operating systems and check whether the Bluetooth is working or not. If not un-install the other operating system now and check. There is a possibility that the newly installed Windows 7 might no have been properly installed and hence you might not be able to us your Bluetooth.

You can do a re-installation of the Bluetooth drivers. I also faced a similar issue with my Dell laptop. I had upgraded my system from Windows XP to Windows Vista. I also increased my RAM from 1 GB to 2 GB. But then I was not able to use my Bluetooth. My system would not at all detct any other bluetooth devices, noy even my cell phone. I instaled the Bluetooth Drivers and then updated the bluetooth driver software and then my bluetooth was all well.