Thread: How to use GPS and Maps on Nokia E63

How to use GPS and Maps on Nokia E63

Hi,, I need some information from you guys regarding GPS navigation on Nokia E63 Mobile phone. Yesterday, my younger bro bought a new E63 device and we want to use it for Maps and GPS navigating. Now, as i am not a Nokia user i have no idea of accessing Nokia devices.. Could you guys please make me know how to use GPS and Maps on Nokia E63 ? Thanks in advance..

Re: How to use GPS and Maps on Nokia E63

As you might be aware that Nokia E63 doesn't have internal GPS. So you need to connect your device with external Bluetooth GPS receiver in order to navigate GPS or to use Maps on your phone. Here is how to connect your Nokia E63 to a Bluetooth GPS device:-

• Switch the GPS receiver on.

• Set up a Bluetooth connection between your device and the GPS receiver.

• Place the GPS receiver in a position with an unobstructed view of the sky.

• Select the external GPS receiver when the application opens. The GPS connection is established, and you can start navigating.

You can only do it with the help of Bluetooth GPS receiver because E63 don't have internal GPS like Nokia's other phones, E71 or N95 do.. Once you are connected with external bluetooth device, access Maps by tapping Menu > Tools > Maps. When you use Maps for the first time, you may need to select an internet access point for downloading maps. If you browse to an area which is not covered by maps already downloaded to your device, a map for the area is automatically downloaded through the internet. Some maps may be available in your device or memory card.

To avoid data transfer costs, you can also use Maps without an internet connection and browse the maps that are saved in your device or memory card. You can also use the Nokia Map Loader PC software to download maps. Install the Nokia Map Loader on a compatible PC.

Thanks a lot for the quick and valuable response mate.. Now as you said, i can download maps for my device with the help of Nokia Map Loader PC software, i think that is much better to avoid large amounts of data through my service provider's network. Could you please make me know where can i find this software and how to download maps using the same ? I appreciate all your kindness..

You can Download Nokia Map loader from here.. And to download maps using this software on your pc, just go through these steps:-

1. Connect your device to a computer with a compatible USB data cable or Bluetooth connection. If you use a data cable, select PC Suite as the USB connection method for PCs, and Nokia mode for Macs.
    2. Start Nokia Map Loader on the computer.
    3. Select a continent and a country. Small countries may be chosen in their entirety; others have several sub-maps from which to choose.
    4. Select the maps or extra services, and download and install them to your device.

I have Nokia E 63.. n im not able to download Nokai Map loader Pc software because it leads me to the site of ovi.com and there it says that my phone is not compatible.. what do i do???

I have read your threads WhaI want to know ;is it possible to DOWNLOAD and INSTALL a GPS SOFTWARE ON NOKIA E63.Thanks