Thread: What does it mean: Cannot Copy <Filename>: The Parameter Is Incorrect

What does it mean: Cannot Copy <Filename>: The Parameter Is Incorrect

I am using Nokia 5800. When I use my memory card as mass storage device it is now giving me error as getting this error as "Cannot Copy <Filename>: The Parameter Is Incorrect". I don't know what does it mean. Can anyone know what is it and why it is giving me error like this. Please explain it. I am waiting for your reply.Thanks in advance.

Re: What does it mean: Cannot Copy <Filename>: The Parameter Is Incorrect

You have got common error. If you are getting this error, means that either your have typed the path which is not exist or something you have missed out in your whole path. Just check when you copy from your memory card to your computer, it gives proper connection or not. If not then you need to change your memory card as it is defective one. So, just check what is exactly happening to your memory card. I don't think that there would be any problem in your mobile or something. So, don't worry.

Hi, I have read your problem. You are getting Cannot Copy <Filename>: The Parameter Is Incorrect as an error message. It simply happens due to the incorrect file path specification. But in your case your are just copying a file from your memory card to the computer, which means that you are having virus in your memory card. So, just update your anti-virus application and scan your whole computer and memory card. So, you don't get same problem again. I think this will work for you. If not then give me reply, I will think for another reason and reply back to you.

Hi, I want to know which operating system you are using? If you are using Windows XP then you can check by making files with small name, such as one.txt and try to copy it. If you are getting same result for this file also then you can check it by changing computer to which you connect your memory card. This specifically happens in Windows xp due to the long path of source file. Sometimes it may also happens due to the corrupted files which work on mobile as usual but unable to open on computer. You can also try this by safely removing hardware and the reconnecting it to computer. If after doing all this you are not able to copy file then simply format your memory card. And if this also not working then your memory card itself gets corrupted and due to which you are getting that problem. So, you need to change your memory card or use it till possible.