Thread: How to set up Ovi mail on Nokia 5130

How to set up Ovi mail on Nokia 5130

I'm having a Nokia 5130 cellphone. I would like to know that how can i setup Ovi mail on Nokia 5130? Does any body knows about it? Please provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to set up Ovi mail on Nokia 5130

Ovi Mail is a secure and spam-free personal email service designed especially for Nokia Series 40 devices. First of all you do not have to download an application to get Ovi on your Nokia phone, if you have a supported E series or Xpressmusic Symbian Smartphone. They have a built in wizard to allow signing up for a new Ovi Account.

Make sure you have your phone ready along with an unlimited data connection. Mail for Exchange (MfE) uses the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync protocol to enable you to use the email, contacts, calendar entries, and tasks of your Microsoft Exchange Server account on your mobile phone.

You need to follow the below steps mention.
    • First off all you need to navigate to your main menu and select the "Messaging" icon. Then need to open up the messaging application.
    • After that you need to press the left soft key and select Options from the menu that appears.
    • Then from the options menu select the "Add mailbox" option.
    • You will now see an prompt that says "Do you have an e-mail address you want to use on your phone?"
    • Now from the popup that appears on your screen choose the "No" option when asked.
    • Now, the email sign-up wizard will now appear.
    • After that you need to enter your login, password and other personal details and sign up for a new Ovi account. Save these details.
    • Then you will see the email setup wizard will now guide you through the remaining steps.
    • Now the final step will configure your phone for use with your Ovi Mail account.
    • Now you can send and recieve mails from within the new Ovi mailbox that appears in your Messaging application.

Hope so it may help you out.