Thread: Unable to delete broken image icons on n85

Unable to delete broken image icons on n85

My nokia n85 mobile phone gives error message when i try to delete icons on the screen. I recently scanned my mobile phone and i got virus called setup.exe and file.exe. I have deleted that virus but there are many broken menu icons which allow me to insert any application and i am unable to delete that broken image icon.

Re: Unable to delete broken image icons on n85

If any virus has attacked your mobile and you are getting error message while deleting then you need format your n 85 mobile phone. Nokia Symbian Series 60-based phones have a copy of the OS present in the built-in ROM. When you format the phone, the OS gets restored from the ROM to the phone memory overwriting the existing setup.

Have you tried restarting the phone ? Can you see your application and image listed in the Application manager of the device, If so try removing it from there or Plug the phone or your memory card and use your virusscanner to delete the virus. If you have a good virusscanner this should be no problem.

Menu icon structure is maintained in a XML file if is not deleted after two three attempt then the it's a virus problem. NetQin Antivirus scans your phone's directories for malicious files or programs. It designed to automate all key tasks required to keep your Symbian mobile phone and data safe from viruses. It scans your phone's directories for malicious files or programs. You can stop or pause scans and of course select specific places for NetQin Antivirus to scan.