Thread: Computer will not recognize my Logitech Webcam pro 9000.

Computer will not recognize my Logitech Webcam pro 9000.

My OS is Windows XP. I recently purchased Logitech webcam pro 9000. I was able to load it the very first time I tried all the way to being able to take my picture and do a couple practice calls. However, once I shut my computer down and turned it back on later my computer said that there was no camera plugged in or it was malfunctioning. I did seek help, to no avail, from Logitech. They told me that I probably needed to update my usb drivers. What does this mean? How do I do this? Is this a software update, or a hardware update. Can anyone please help?

Re: Computer will not recognize my Logitech Webcam pro 9000.

Install the bundled QuickCam software and then plug in the webcam. An audio-tuning wizard lets you optimise the volume for audio input (microphone) and out (speakers). Does this issue occur when the Logitech Webcam Software (LWS) 1.00.1280 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.00.1280) is installed? As a troubleshooting step, please try installing the camera on another PC.

Re: Computer will not recognize my Logitech Webcam pro 9000.

Check if all your USB devices work, as this may be a problem concerning your USB ports. If no USB device works, try to check from device manager if the drivers for USB are installed... Hope this helps you a bit...