Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Nokia 5800 error "Start up failed"

Portable Devices

Old 12-11-2009

Nokia 5800 error "Start up failed"

Hi,, at one of my family function, my family gifted me Nokia 5800 Express Music Smartphone. Its really a coll device, i can say. It was working fine till now but yesterday it got turned off due to battery empty. And now when i charged the battery and trying to turn on the phone, first it use to get hand on the Blue Nokia Logo screen and after 3 to 4 tries, it gave me an error message saying "Start up failed. Contact retailer". Do you guys have any idea about this issue ? Do i need to take it to Nokia Care or is there any way i can fix it my self ? Please help...

Old 12-11-2009

Re: Nokia 5800 error "Start up failed"

First of all make sure, your battery is charged enough. I'll suggest you to charge the battery for at least 3 to 4 hours and than try to switch it on again. When it reaches the white screen or as soon as you can see the Nokia logo, just hold the red and green button together for about 10 to 15 seconds. Hope your phone will turned on. If it is still not, than the last option is to visit Nokia care..
Old 12-11-2009

I was also facing this issue with my Nokia 5800 some 2 months back when it was just 2 days old. But fortunately, one of my friend suggested me some tips and that really worked for me. Just follow this steps and hope your problem will be solved. Just remove the battery, sim card and the memory card from your device. Leave it for about 30 minutes... Now just plug in everything you removed from the device and start the phone. Now i am sure phone will boot properly.

As soon as your phone is booted completely and you see the home screen, you need to format your memory card, I am sorry about your data loss, but that is recommended. Also restore any icons from memory card applications by activating the slider a couple of times. Thats it...
Old 12-11-2009

The best i can suggest you now is to contact Nokia Customer care or do visit any Nokia Care branch to get fix this issue as your phone is just a week old and it is under warranty. You'll get it fixed without any cost. If you try to fix it yourself and some harm occurs than warranty may also get avoided.

Or else, try these few simple steps:-
  • Switch off the device
  • Remove the battery.
  • After a few seconds, re-insert the battery, and switch on the device.

If it is not done yet, Restore the original factory settings as explained in the user guide.
Old 12-11-2009

Thanks a lot for your quick and valuable response, friends.. I just removed the battery and after some time reinserted again. Now my phone turned on and is working fine as well. I really appreciate all your helps.. Keep it up !!!
Old 04-12-2009

unsure Re: Nokia 5800 error "Start up failed"

thank you i had been able to start my mobile successfully.

i want to know how to start a new thread can anybody plz tell me
Old 05-12-2009
Dextrous

See this : http://forums.techarena.in/site-foru...ck/1067545.htm
Old 10-10-2011

Hi all!

I have a NOKIA 5800 with start up fail message. I just tried the hard reset (Green+Red+Camera+pwr) and wht happends next is that the nokia logo cmes on the it goes black ans 4 secs after has a blank sreen, seems to me that the problem is the .ini file. but with the hard reset optn i canīt make it work... ANY ADVICE PLS

Thx in advance!!
Old 10-10-2011

Ok first of all check for the .ini file and see if it is restored while you had the phone reset. If you can find it then save the .ini file as UTF-16, UTF-8, Microsoft Notepad Unicode. See if that makes any kind of difference. Still if nothing is working then Nokia Care Center is the only place for you. So do have a check!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,