Thread: Change the Product Code of Nokia 2700

Change the Product Code of Nokia 2700

I want to change product code of my Nokia 2700c. My product code is suppose xxxxxxx Greek made, i want to change it to xxxxxxx - Romanian made. I tried allmost all the versions of NSS and JAF but i did not succeed. NSS and JAF both accepts the code but when reading back the phone data, product code remains unchanged. However even after successfully flashing it, product code is still unchanged. Can anyone help me with how can I change the code permanently on my phone?

Re: Change the Product Code of Nokia 2700

I too have the same problem, I have used NSS and JAF, also tried with different softwares. But i don't know what the problem is. Actually both the softwares tell me that the process was successful, but both doesn't actually change the product code. Any other help? Has anyone used Phoenix Software? I have heard this process is possible with Phoenix with i don't know how to flash my phone with Phoenix. Any help will be appreciated...

You will need the Phoenix software and a firmware for your phone that is Nokia 2700. Once you get these things proceed with the Flash Process :

• Open Phoenix
    • Connect your phone to the computer via PC Suite Mode
    • Select File Menu > Manage Connections
    • Now select New and select USB
    • Select Next. It will find your phone and say FOUND. If it doesn’t find any connected phone, try changing your cable type by clicking Back
    • Click Next and then click Finish
    • Now your cable type [USB] should appears in the list box which shows all the connections Select your phone connection, Click apply and then click Close
    • Now from File Menu > Open Product
    • A list of RM code will open. Select your phone’s RM code, RM-561 for Nokia 2700c and click Ok
    • Now from select File Menu > Scan Product
    • Your phone’s firmware information will appear at the bottom of the Phoenix Service Software
    • Now go to Flashing Menu > Firmware Update
    • A window will open. Click Browse button
    • A window will open with different products and different countries. Choose the country of your choice depending on the language pack you want to install
    • Now click Ok
    • Click Click Refurbish
    • Now flashing has been started. I will suggest you to leave the phone, computer and cables as it it untill the Flashing process completes.
    • When the Flashing process has been completed, phoenix will tell you to detach your phone

Let your phone reboot with the new software and now check the product code, has it changed?

I will try this thing right away and let you know if that helps or not... Thanks for the wonderful tutorial... But i doubt if the phone will be really be flashed? That too with a data-cable? Anyways will give it a try and then post back...

Thank you Pugsly, I found your guide extremely helpfull. I had the same problem but with other phones. Along with the product code, i needed to change the fonts in which I could not succeed and failed each time while using NSS. I knew Phoenix could do it, just needed the method as i never used it before. Thanks again...