Thread: How can i add and play Podcasts in iPod shuffle

How can i add and play Podcasts in iPod shuffle

Hi, i am having an iPod Shuffle which i bought last month. Every thing is fine with it, the only problem is that i am just unable to play podcasts or audiobooks on my device. I tried to it using iTunes Autofill feature but that too won't worked for me. Do you guys have any idea about adding and playing Podcasts and audiobooks in iPod shuffle ? Do let me know too.. Help appreciated.

Re: How can i add and play Podcasts in iPod shuffle

You can not add audiobooks or podcasts to any iPod model using iTunes Autofill feature. They can be manually added by dragging them to the iPod shuffle in iTunes. For iPod shuffle (3rd generation), you must enable Manually manage music in the Summary tab to drag songs to iPod shuffle. Additionally, you can automatically sync audiobooks using the Music tab and sync podcasts using the Podcasts tab in iTunes.

A podcast is an episodic program delivered via the Internet using an XML protocol called RSS. Podcast episodes can be audio files, video files, documents, or any combination of the three. The consumer subscribes to the podcast using a client application, such as iTunes, which regularly reads the XML file and downloads new episodes. If you want to listen to Podcasts only, the best thing to do is to use iTunes on the Shuffle, on Music tab, turn off sync. The Podcasts section of your Library is where you manage your existing subscriptions and play the episodes you have downloaded.

When using iPod shuffle (1st and 2nd generation), if iPod shuffle is set to shuffle songs it will play all the audio files on iPod shuffle except audiobooks and podcasts. To play an audiobook or podcast, set the switch on iPod shuffle to play in order .

When using iPod shuffle (3rd generation), podcasts and audiobooks will not be played when content is playedfrom All Songs. If content is played from a playlist synced from iTunes, audiobooks and podcasts will only be played if the iPod's switch is set to play in order . In addition to playlists synced from iTunes, iPod shuffle (3rd generation) will create a special playlist for each audiobook synced and one for podcasts. When accessing these special playlists, audiobook and podcast content will play whether the iPod is set to play in order or shuffle songs . Podcast are sorted by alphabetical order and then by episode date.

To find and subscribe to a podcast, just go through these steps:-

Launch iTunes and click on iTunes Store in the left column of iTunes. In the box labeled "iTunes STORE", click on "Podcasts." Explore the wide selection of podcasts by clicking on the various pages and links. Alternatively, you can search for podcasts by entering search terms in the Search iTunes Store field. When iTunes displays results for your search, click PODCASTS to show only podcasts. When you find a podcast you want to try, click Subscribe.