Thread: Error 'C00D07C9' while wirelessly synchronizing the Zune device

Error 'C00D07C9' while wirelessly synchronizing the Zune device

I am having a Zune Media player and use to synchronize comfortably with my Windows XP using USB cable. Now when i am trying to synchronize my Zune media player wirelessly with the help of my wireless router, it gives me an error message stating "C00D07C9. Looking for network." I am sure my router is configured properly. Could you guys please help me out to fix this error ? Thanks for all your help.

Re: Error 'C00D07C9' while wirelessly synchronizing the Zune device

I can synchronize my Zune device easily with the wireless router. So i am not able to get the cause of the said problem. Anyways, i'll suggest you to Update the Zune software on the computer. Updating software fixes much problem easily. To know more about updating Zune software, just go through this link: How to update Zune player firmware.

Once you are done updating, restart your device by Press and hold the On/Off button for about 10 seconds until the player restarts. Now try to synchronizing again wirelessly. Hope it will work.

I'll suggest you install Wireless LAN API hotfix on your computer. Installing this set of application programming interfaces (APIs) will enable you to create applications that can manage wireless LAN profiles and connectivity on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) using the native wireless functionality in Windows, called Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Restart the computer, and then try to synchronize the Zune device again. First move the Zune device closer to the wireless router to increase the signal strength. Here is how to configure wireless sync again. Click settings, click device, and then click WIRELESS SYNC. Then, follow the steps on the screen. Make sure that the Zune device is sufficiently charged, or that it is connected to a power source. Position the wireless router or the access point in a central location. If the router or the access point is against an outside wall, the wireless signal may be weak on the opposite side of the building.

Determine whether the issue is caused by the Zune software or by the wireless configuration, synchronize the Zune device by using a USB cable. Wireless synchronization is intended to incrementally add content to a Zune device. If you are synchronizing the Zune device for the first time, or if you are synchronizing lots of data, the synchronization process may take a long time. If you synchronize wirelessly, data is synchronized at speeds up to 54 megabytes (MB) per second. If you synchronize content over a USB 2.0 connection, data is synchronized at speeds up to 480 MB per second.