Thread: Problems With iPhone 3.1 Update

Problems With iPhone 3.1 Update

Currently i'm facing a major issue updating my iPhone OS 3.1 on the iPhone 3G. Whenever i try to update, my iPhones crash several times and even my battery seems to be dying after 15 minutes of use. I'm having a iPhone 3G phone. Recently i had purchased the update for my iPod Touch. So, can any body tell me that what is the actual problems With iPhone 3.1 Update? Anyone has face such issue with their iphone? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problems With iPhone 3.1 Update

At the time of writing, the problems seem to be limited to the iPhone 3G. Reset your iPhone by holding down the sleep and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. In all cases, only a hard reset returned the handset to proper working order, but only temporarily.

To fix the problem, including removing and reinstalling all applications, wiping all personal data and settings and even full system restores via iTunes. Restore your iPhone: In iTunes, click the Restore button under the Summary tab. Restoring the phone will erase contacts, calendars, photos, and other data on the phone, but will restore automatically backed-up information including text messages, notes, call history, contact favorites, sound settings, widget settings, etc. Of course, make sure that you back up your phone before restoring.

Try going into DFU mode, (Download Firmware Update) mode, and then restoring (wich will also update you iPhone), to go into DFU mode. iPhone 3.1 apparently fixes a bug that didn’t properly enforce Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 encryption policies, and that looks to be causing problems for users of the iPhone 3G and iPhone 2G (and likely first and second gen iPod touch users as well).

Make sure your iPhone is connected to the computer. The problem seems to manifest itself whenever the iPhone goes to sleep, the user locks the display, or just randomly. Open iTunes, then hold down "Option" and select "Restore" on your Mac (Shift and Restore in Windows) when your iPhone mounts. Choose the downloaded 3.0.1 IPSW file. This will restore your iPhone to OS 3.0.1. Now you can restore to your latest iPhone backup.