Thread: Unable to restore Ipod Touch

Unable to restore Ipod Touch

Hi, I have an Apple iPod Touch at home. It was working fine till now but from last 2 days there is some problem with any application i think. It gets hanged many times while accessing any application. So i decided to Restore it. I found some tips mentioned in the following post How to Erase and Restore ipod touch . Thanks for the tips but it din't worked for me. I request you guys to please make mw know restoring the Pod touch using itunes, if possible? Thanks in advance..

Re: Unable to restore Ipod Touch

Whenever you restore your iPhone or iPod touch, it is highly recommended that you perform a sync prior to restoring in order to back up any changes since your last sync. Use the following steps to restore your iPhone or iPod touch:
    1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running before attempting to update.
    2. Connect your iPhone or iPod touch to your computer.
    3. Select your iPhone or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
    4. Select the Summary tab.
    5. Select the Restore option.
    6. When prompted to back up your iPhone or iPod touch's settings before restoring, select the Back Up option.If have just backed up the device, it is not necessary to create another.
    7. Select the Restore option when iTunes prompts you
    8. Once the restore process has completed the iPhone or iPod touch restarts and displays the Apple logo while starting up.
    9. The final step is to restore your iPhone or iPod touch from a previous backup. Once your iPod touch or iPhone is restored and, in the case of the iPhone, in the process of activating, you will prompted with a message.
    10. Select the backup you want for your iPhone or iPod touch and select the Continue button in order to complete your device's restoration.

Thats it !!

If you have tried to restore your iPhone or iPod touch using iTunes and are unable to do so, try the following steps to force the device into recovery mode.

1. Verify you have iTunes 7.5 or later. Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone or iPod touch, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
    3. Power off the device (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPhone or iPod touch to turn off.
    4. Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to iPhone. When you reconnect the USB to iPhone, the device should then power on.
    5. Continue holding the Home button while iPhone starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo.
    6. When you see "Connect to iTunes" on the screen, you can release the Home button and iTunes will display the recovery mode message.

If the issue is not resolved with the above steps, try to restore on a different computer. Ensure that the computer you are restoring on has USB 2.0 ports, the latest version of iTunes, and that you are connecting directly to the computer. Create a new user account on your computer and try to restore while logged in as the new user. iTunes will download a new version of the software restore file. After creating the new user, log in to that account and open iTunes and attempt to restore to see whether the issue persists in this new user.