Thread: SIM card Issues with T-Mobile

SIM card Issues with T-Mobile

Just few days back i had bought a new unlocked Cingular TREO 650 phone. I done the set up properly on my phone and even created a new T-Mobile account on it. Now the problem is that i'm not able to get to the web and even can't receive any calls. But i'm able to make calls from my phones. Is there any issue with my sim card or the issue is with my T-Mobile? Any one knows about this issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: SIM card Issues with T-Mobile

The SIMs microchip is very small, a kind of 5 squared mm. Sounds like there is a problem with the sim card reader. It is bended with the exterior contacts through very thin gold leads. It seems that there is a problem with the combination of a particular T-mobile sim card and the Treo 650. One or more of these leads probably get broken, that means your SIM is physically broken. If I have right, practically there is nothing to do to get it fixed.

There are different types of locks with cellular devices. When you see a message like "SIM Card Not Allowed", this indicates that the device is SIM locked. You'd have to unlock the phone from T-Mobile, and even then there's no guarantee that your phone is going to function like every other phone Cingular/at&t does. You can't SIM unlock a Palm that is locked to AT&T by contacting Palm, unfortunately or by following instructions to unlock the device. That type of lock relates only to a keyboard or device lock. This device is actually SIM locked. You can run across problems with your data such as the internet browser (or Medianet in Cingular's case) not working properly and even some compatibility issues with something as simple as text messaging. They (Palm) are not able to provide an unlock code to you to SIM unlock the device. You have to be an AT&T subscriber with current service and a reason for needing the device unlocked (typically, because you are traveling abroad for an extended period of time and need to use the device with a local SIM card) and then AT&T would provide you with an unlock code for the device.

Your only chance is to replace the SIM while keeping your phone number
    and see if it works. Your phone may be trying to lock onto a tower that is not the strongest one for your area causing the battery to drain because of the increased work it is doing. You can get a replacement sim card from your service provider.