Thread: Ipod touch won't turn on, black screen is displayed

Ipod touch won't turn on, black screen is displayed

Hi

My iPod wouldn't turn off the other day and now it won't turn on. Plugged into my stereo dock, just a blank screen. Not even the usual noise that it always makes when you first plug it in. can you please help me.

Re: Ipod touch won't turn on, black screen is displayed

Have you tried a reset? Have you scheduled an appointment with your local Apple genius yet? I know it looks dead, but try this anyway. Hold the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons together for about 10 seconds. If the Apple logo, which is on track to get it working again. If not, make the appointment.

Have you tested the USB ports. Could be more or underpowering the device? Or check your charger may be not providing adequate powser. Fortunately I noticed what appeared to be disconnected, so my iPod. I had to reset it (which lost the database, but data was still there).

Try the following things :

1. iPod touch may need charging. See "Charging the Battery" in the iPod touch Features Guide.

2. Press and hold the Home button for at least six seconds, until the application you were using quits.

3. If that doesn't work, turn off iPod touch and turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on top of iPod touch for a few seconds until a red slider appears, and then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

4. If that doesn't work, reset iPod touch. Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

l33t Re: Ipod touch won't turn on, black screen is displayed

Quote Originally Posted by Volodymyra View Post
    Have you tried a reset? Have you scheduled an appointment with your local Apple genius yet? I know it looks dead, but try this anyway. Hold the Sleep / Wake and Home buttons together for about 10 seconds. If the Apple logo, which is on track to get it working again. If not, make the appointment.
    THANKYOU SO MUCH!! You are a life saver!!!