Thread: Acer Aspire One netbook audio problem

Acer Aspire One netbook audio problem

I recently bought an Acer Aspire One netbook with Windows Xp been pre-installed on it. I have been having problems with receiving audio when having a video conversation with someone on Messenger. I'm unable to get any kind of sound from my Acer Aspire One netbook. Otherwise it works properly other than having a conversation with someone on Messenger. So, Can any one tell me that why i'm facing audio problem on my Acer Aspire One netbook? Any one have any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Acer Aspire One netbook audio problem

Try to use Acer recovery cd and then you just need to boot it when the laptop starts, it will repair your system. This might be a bit confusing, but does it sound like it’s your actual speakers that are cutting out or does it sound more like the sound feed cuts out and your speakers are still working?

Try tapping F8 key at bootup and then need to select the "Repair" option. As for limitation for the machine, I thought the netbook was designed exactly for the purpose the social networking, with the built-in camera, its functions should surly include video conferencing. You need the UAA before that in order to install it properly on your machine.

Minor problems include pulseaudio interfering with sound recording, and media card reader issues unless it is booted with a card in the slot. I think you should another video conferencing program, and check out whether you face the same audio problem or not on your machine. I think the problem is with your Messenger. Perhaps the audio compression was overboard.

I had the very same issue with my Acer Aspire One A0D150 model. It had just an audio issue while using the MSN messenger. The audio wouldn't work as expected. It had a "rrrr" sound or with interference, not able to hear the other party.

What worked for me was:

1 - Installed Windows 7 thru an optical unit.
    2 - I didn't install any Acer drivers at all as Windows would recognize everything. I did install the audio driver one time, but it caused me to have a the audio issue. I removed the installed driver and kept working with Windows 7 by itself. Problem was solved.
    3 - MSN only works for you hearing the other end, not them hearing you. So, I used Skype to do video/audio conferences. From there, my problem got quickly fixed!!