Thread: Sony Ericsson Vivaz:touch screen issue.

Sony Ericsson Vivaz:touch screen issue.

I have an “Sony Ericsson Vivaz” mobile, it works fine. But from the yesterday there is problem in the screen of the device. The touch screen is not working. Search everywhere but found nothing, and locked the mobile and put it into the box. There are some text messages are come in my mobile, but I a not able to open it. Also can’t make any important call. Help me. Any suggestion.

Re: Sony Ericsson Vivaz:touch screen issue.

Dear friend, after reading your complete post I sure that this problem is occurred for the hardware problem in your device. Use the Sony software updater to sure about that. Down the update for your Sony Vivaz mobile from the Sony Ericson web-site by connecting your device into the computer/laptop via USB cable. And fix your problem.

Facing the same problem with the touch screen of my mobile. It sometimes does not respond also sometimes I saw that some options are work by its own without press on it. I update the software but no result. It also flashes automatically during I busy in any call. What should I do? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

I fixed it by a successful firmware upgrade of my Sony X2. My touch screen was also not worked, I was unable to read any message, can’t make any call as well as can’t use the other function of the mobile. I looked for the solution in everywhere, but did found anything. After that I send the mobile into the Sony Ericson customer support center and they did some technical procedures regarding hardware, and upgrade the firmware, and the problem is solved.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I bought Vivaz 17 month ago, it was so nice bud 6 month ago a problem happend,...when I travelled to some other cities handset's touch didn't work, I try hard to work with it but it didn't ..when I came back to my city it again work...I try it for more than 3 diffrent cities with diffrent weather conditions but it behaved the same....
    Another matter is that sometimes the handset works as I supposed a ghost is working with it...the touch automatically work without preesing any bottom..
    I would appreciated it if any one helps me in this respect

The touch screen problem seems to be a common problem with the Sony Ericsson Vivaz mobile phone. A quick and temporary fix is to reboot the phone. And since your mobile phone is also not covered in warranty as it has extended its limit time, so you cant replace it either. The only way to solve this issue is to get a new touch screen on it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I have bought Sony Vivaz 16 months back.Today i found one problem related to touch screen that I am not able to see anything on the screen..its just showing to me blank white screen with the sony ericsson name in the middle.Even i tried to switched on,off and removed the battery also but again the same result.
    Plz help...

i was rely upset for my sony ericsson mobile(vivaz pro u8i).The issue was the touch screen mulfunctioning.As per the recommendation of everybody i already try from repairing to downloading new software but still it didn't work.So, is there any other way to solve this issue? Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by llyand View Post
    i was rely upset for my sony ericsson mobile(vivaz pro u8i).The issue was the touch screen mulfunctioning.As per the recommendation of everybody i already try from repairing to downloading new software but still it didn't work.So, is there any other way to solve this issue? Suggestions?
    The vivaz pro u8i touchscreen not working problem mostly relates to a hardware problem rather than a software problem. You have no other option but to visit your local SE Service Centre for phone repair. The other option which I can think of is to repair it by local mobile repair shop, they should easily get hold of a replacement touch screen.

thanks pugsly for the recommendation, yes your right think hardware is the mean problem...but you know what i found something for this mobile ITS NOT USABLE FOR TEXTING, now i observe for almost 24hours never press anything on the touchscreen and the result its working properly. Everybody just try and let me know if my suggestion is working...

i have the same problem, i have the blue main screen and the `unlock` at the bottom left corner, but when i touch it nothing happens. i did get into the phone by pressing red,green,red,red,green,red then the diall picture this took me to options, i thought i had fixed it i even sent a couple of texts. then the screen locked its self and i have recieved texts so now i cant even try that again because i cant get away from the ` you have a text scren`will try the following tip above by not touching it for 24hours, let me know if any of you fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsk View Post
    i have the same problem, i have the blue main screen and the `unlock` at the bottom left corner, but when i touch it nothing happens. i did get into the phone by pressing red,green,red,red,green,red then the diall picture this took me to options, i thought i had fixed it i even sent a couple of texts. then the screen locked its self and i have recieved texts so now i cant even try that again because i cant get away from the ` you have a text scren`will try the following tip above by not touching it for 24hours, let me know if any of you fix this problem.
    Well, this has been a major problem with the touchscreen of Sony Ericsson Vivaz and many are facing this problm of touchscreen not working. Most of them had either replaced the phone, since it was under warranty for them and most have chucked this phone and taken another mobile phone. Have you tried updating the software version of the phone to the latest and checked if that worked out for you?
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

all i have done is press random buttons really , how do i do an update ?, not good with this kind of stuff any simple instructions you could give me would be wonderful, thanks katy

Quote Originally Posted by mrsk View Post
    all i have done is press random buttons really , how do i do an update ?, not good with this kind of stuff any simple instructions you could give me would be wonderful, thanks katy
    The Sony Ericsson Vivaz runs on the old and out-dated Symbian S60v5 OS and to update its software to the latest, follow the below steps:
    1. Go to SEUS download page
    2. Download the file
    3. Install it on your computer
    4. Restart your machines (both computer and phone) –>for fon remove your battery and reinsert it. DO NOT turn it on..
    5. Make sure u have a good internet connection 1st before u proceed with the next step.
    6. Run SEUS on your computer and follow SEUS instructions and requirements.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's