Thread: How to transfer SMS’s from Samsung 8910 to Samsung Galaxy S2?

How to transfer SMS’s from Samsung 8910 to Samsung Galaxy S2?

I have lots of text messages in my Samsung 8910 and I will never want lose them at any cost. As now I have purchased Samsung Galaxy S2, I want to transfer all my messages from Samsung 8910 to my Samsung Galaxy. I want to know is there is any way to transfer those messages from my old phone to newer. I have a gSync like app but it always says time out. If you know anything, so that I can transfer my pmessages then please reply.

Re: How to transfer SMS’s from Samsung 8910 to Samsung Galaxy S2?

I am not sure but I think you might send them via Bluetooth from your Samsung 8910 to Samsung galaxy. And if you cannot do so, then you can make a back up of all messages using the PC Studio that you will be using for your Samsung 8910.

As far I have got experience with my phones, you cannot send text messages via Bluetooth, don’t know about other handsets. And another thing is that, PC Studio does not work with Samsung Galaxy S2 Android. So even after making a back up from 8910 I will not be able to transfer them to my Samsung Galaxy s2. I am not able to find any software also to do. So, please help me out.

You can export all your text messages as .vcf file and after that you can transfer it to PC or your external SD card

Here I want to add something on the basis of what I found after doing a search on Google. I found that you can use PC Studio to back up your SMS. Even though the PC Studio for Samsung 8910 doesn’t works with Samsung Galaxy S2, If are doing so, then your messages will be at least on your PC.
    I will also like to inform you that there is an free app in the market that can make back of all your messages. Its name is something like SMS back up. You can use it in your future to back up your messages in Samsung Galaxy S2. This software backs up all your messages to your Google account.

You can export all your text messages as .vcf file and after that you can transfer it to PC or your external SD card
    Yes, I can do that and even as XML file also, using MobileEdit. But, I am not able to find any way to converting it android
    Here I want to add something on the basis of what I found after doing a search on Google. I found that you can use PC Studio to back up your SMS. Even though the PC Studio for Samsung 8910 doesn’t works with Samsung Galaxy S2, If are doing so, then your messages will be at least on your PC.
    Yes, I can save them this way on my PC. I have over 3000 messages and I want to see them on my phone, so what is the point of having all of them on my PC. I want them on my Samsung Galaxy S2. It’s very disappointing that I haven’t seen any company till now to think about this, though there are many people who wants to keep their SMS’s even after changing their Phones.

Just export those messages as a .vcf to your SD Card and after that put that SD Card into your Samsung Galaxy S2 and then it should read that .vcf file.
    And I recently got to know that for your SMS’s you can use ovi sute first to make a back up and after that to convert that back up file to an xml file you can use nokia2android. And then from market use “sms back and restore” to load them to your Samsung galaxy S2. It sounds for nokia, but I think it should work for Samsung also because the principle will be same.

I think I should try the first option so that I can import them directly from my SD card to my SGS inbox. And I have tried many times OVI Suite, but Nokia OVI Suite does not read Samsung phones. So the second option is really not meant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyalisai View Post
    Yes, I can do that and even as XML file also, using MobileEdit. But, I am not able to find any way to converting it android

Yes, I can save them this way on my PC. I have over 3000 messages and I want to see them on my phone, so what is the point of having all of them on my PC. I want them on my Samsung Galaxy S2. It’s very disappointing that I haven’t seen any company till now to think about this, though there are many people who wants to keep their SMS’s even after changing their Phones.
    I know it is late to reply. But VeryAndroid say their SMS Backup software can transfer SMS from other device to android. Please check it out.

Good luck to all.