Thread: Sony Ericsson C902 insert correct sim

Sony Ericsson C902 insert correct sim

Just last few days back i had bought a new Sony Ericsson c902 cellphone. Now the problem is that when i try to insert a sim card in to my Sony Ericsson c902 cellphone, it gives out an error message stating that insert correct SIM. Anyone knows why does my Sony Ericsson c902 says insert correct SIM? What i need to resolve the above issue? Does any body knows about it? Please let me know the correct way to resolve the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony Ericsson C902 insert correct sim

If the message "Insert SIM" is displayed, it means that the phone has no contact with your Subscriber Identity Module card (SIM card). You should just be able to push down and unclip the battery cover. After the first couple times, it shouldn't be too bad.

If your Sony-Ericsson C902 displays the 'Insert Correct Sim Card' error, your Sony-Ericsson C902 is locked for use on one specific network. I think you should turn off your phone, remove the battery and the SIM card, and clean the connectors on the SIM card and the phone with a soft brush, cloth or q-tip moistened with any type of unflavoured, colourless alcohol.

The 'Insert Correct Sim Card' error indicates that your Sony-Ericsson C902 must be 'Unlocked' before an alternative network sim card can be used. If the message "Insert Correct SIM" is displayed, the phone is probably SIM-locked to a specific operator's SIM card. This is usually the case when you buy the phone from a service provider. SIM-locked phones may be unlocked, please contact your service provider for more information.