Thread: Cloned Nokia wap problems

Cloned Nokia wap problems

I have purchased a Nokia 8800 chinese replica and have set up all the details for my wap connection. It does not seem that the phone is java enabled. The problem is that when i try to connect to the internet through the phone, the browser does not show the web page correctly. Whenever i try to get connected to the net i get a timed out message and am unable to get online with the phone. So, can any body tell me that how to resolve Cloned Nokia wap problem? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to get rid of the above problem.

Re: Cloned Nokia wap problems

Accessing the Internet over your mobile phone is certainly the biggest thing since the last biggest thing. Use of the WAP specification allows mobile devices to communicate with the Internet or an intranet, providing the users of these devices with mobile data communications capabilities such as web-browsing and e-mail.

Many WAP services have to be specifically customised for individual telephones this is a hugely expensive way to create services. To enable WAP programatically, Go to Menu -> Services -> WAP -> Settings -> Edit Profile. Select Smart WAP, Press Activate Profile and Save. Go to Menu -> Messages -> MMS -> Message Settings -> Server Profile Select Smart MMS, Select Activate Profile and Save, Activate by texting “MMS ON‘ to 3401.

Your network provider will provide you more help on this issue. Many phone companies are only allowing their WAP customers to access the services of firms who have contracts with these phone companies. The steps in setting up cell phones powered by these networks are quite similar to the above-given tutorial except for the unique values required by other networks to allow their subscribers access to their internet services.