Thread: Nokia 7210 GPRS problem

Nokia 7210 GPRS problem

I'm using a Nokia 7210 cellphone, on which i'm using BSNL postpaid connection with GPRS facilities. The problem is that i'm unable to login to some of my web sites on my cell phone. Everything else i can access easily on my cellphone. Can any one tell me that why i'm having such GPRS problem on my Nokia 7210 cellphone? Any one knows about it? Pleas help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Nokia 7210 GPRS problem

According to my best of knowledge, BPL net is now functional with all java applications like opera mini and ebuddy. I think this is the problem with ur network they might have implemented some restrictions.

Your problem seems to be that of settings. Have you placed the settings in the right places? I think you should try to reset your GPRS settings on your cellphone. Settings are given by the service provider, BSNL in your case. Call their helpline and ask them the following: IP number, port number, proxy settings. They will tell you what and how to do it. Once that is done, then only you would be able to enjoy surfing.

You need to contact your local network provider to get the settings. Go to Settings--> Connectivity--> Admin Settings--> Data Call (or a similar path for your phone). Mine says "Online time" and you can set the max number of minutes for how long the phone will stay online after no data has been transferred. There is also Settings--> Connectivity--> Admin Settings--> Packet Data Just contact your network service provider and ask him to send gprs/wap setting , you will get two or three massages regularly and save it to your cell phone. You can set "Packet Data Connection" to When Needed or When Available. Keep in mind that When Available will automatically connect as soon as it can find data signal and will stay connected as long as there is signal until you change the setting or turn off the phone.