Thread: Get Error 69 while trying to sync IPOD

Get Error 69 while trying to sync IPOD

I have got a new laptop computer and trying to sync my IPOD with it using I-Tunes stored on an external hard drive. I get error 69 whenever i try to auto-syncronize my iPod with iTunes. It prevents me from copying large numbers of files to the iPod. it keeps coming up with an error "Attempting to copy to the disk "HARRISON's" failed. Can any one tell me that what does error (-69) means. Why i'm getting error 69 while trying to sync my IPOD? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Get Error 69 while trying to sync IPOD

This error usually happens when iTunes tries to sync files that not usable to your iPod. This error can also be caused by an external drive being plugged in at the same time you attempt to sync your iPod. Are you auto syncing? Does the iPod begin to sync a song and then you get this error message? If so, note what song it is trying to transfer and uncheck that song and then try and update the iPod.

You should download ipod reset utility available on the apple website. Use this program to reset your ipod. It would appear there is a corrupted file on your computer that is not registering well with the ipod sync.If you're not able to isolate to any single file or if another iPod works with the same songs, then disconnect any other devices connected to USB or FireWire and try again. If the issue continues, then then try resetting your iPod. If the issue continues, then restore your iPod.

When you are trying to update or restore your iPhone or iPod touch with iTunes, you may see an alert message in iTunes that stops the update or restore process. This error occurs when iTunes tries to send files to your iPod, but a file (or files) is unusable (something is wrong with it). You can check out the following link. Hope so it may resolve your issue.