Thread: iTunes will not install on Dell laptop

iTunes will not install on Dell laptop

Hello friends,

My brother is having Dell laptop with him and he told me to install iTunes on his laptop, so i got the actual setup and when i try to run the installer i got an error message as Setup could not find a file on a specified path or disk. Unable to locate file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\{54C0D94A-F467-4ABC-9D02-6E58748668D4}\iTunes.msi. After which i am getting a new windows which has two option RETRY or CANCEL.

In that case you need to reinstall Windows Installer by renaming the damaged Windows Installer files, and then reinstall the Windows Installer. For that you need to click on Start then click on Run option and type cmd and press enter. Now type cd %windir%\system32 and press enter. Then type attrib -r -s -h dllcache, and then press ENTER, again type ren msi.dll msi.old, and then press ENTER ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old, and then press ENTER. Type ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old, and then press ENTER. exit, and then press ENTER. now reboot your system and download and install the latest version of Windows Installer

If you are getting could not find a file on a specified path or disk then you need to first turn off all our application before running iTunes this means internet explorer, anti virus, and whatever running in the background and then try to install your iTunes. If you are still not able install it then your windows installer package has being corrupted and you need to reinstall it.

iTunes will not install

I was also facing similar type of issue and i called up Apple help desk and inform them about the issue they told me to download latest version of iTunes from official site and then install it before that you have to completely remove itunes from your system and it had worked for me hope it works for you too.