Thread: Unable to update Alienware M17x R3 Graphics Driver

Unable to update Alienware M17x R3 Graphics Driver

Hey guys, please help me getting out of my problem. I am very new to the forum and am facing this very weird problem in my Alienware M17x R3 gaming laptop. I have got the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M Graphics card installed in my system. I recently tried updating my Graphics Card driver but did not find myself successful in doing so. Please can someone help me in solving the problem? What might be causing this issue? How can I solve the problem?

Re: Unable to update Alienware M17x R3 Graphics Driver

You can update the drivers of your Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M by visiting the official website of NVIDIA. You can search for the NVIDIA on Internet and visit the official website of NVIDIA. On the official website of NVIDIA, you can search for the Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M graphics card and check for the latest available drivers for the same. Once you have found the same, download the following in your system and install it.

You can also download the latest drivers for your Graphics card from your device Manager. Just got to the Device Manager and search for the Graphics card installed in your system. Once you have found the same, right click the Graphics card and select the Update Drivers option. Make sure that you have connected your system to Internet and it is working well and good. Let the updating process get completed. Once done with the following, if the system ask for reboot, please do it.

You can also download the updates for the Graphics card installed in your Alienware M17x R3 system by visiting the official website of Dell. You can search for the Dell on Internet to visit the official website of Dell. Once you have visited the Dell website, you can search for the drivers which are installed in the Alienware M17x R3 laptop. Once you have found the following, you can download and installed the Graphics drivers for your system.

O would recommend you to search for the "275.33 inf" file on Internet and install it in your system. This is one file which i found to be working well for my Alienware laptop and making it possible for me to update drivers of my laptop. I had found this to be very helpful, so i will highly recommedn you to use the following as it seems to be worth trying to me. Anyways Good Luck.

Thank you dude for telling me about the "275.33 inf" file. It was very kind of you to help me. The file really helped me solve my problem. It really helped me updating the Graphics card's Driver of Alienware M17x R3 laptop. After updating the drivers i can make out the difference in the performance of my system. Anyways once again thank you for replying guys. I appreciate each and everyone's effort which they made while trying to help me.

hey guys i was having the same problem!
    i installed the 275.33 inf file onto my system, followed the instructions it gave, installed the new NVIDIA driver and everything and then asked me for a restart of my laptop.
    when you did it did you tick the box that said clean install or something? in the NVIDIA setup?
    when i restarted my m17x r3 gave the the blue screen of death... and went to a repair wizard due to windows not being able to start properly..
    any suggestions on what went wrong?
    and did you delete the old driver before hand or what?
    thanks

Hi marey,

Can you tell us what kind of blue screen error message you were getting? At the time of installing any new drivers, you first need to uninstall or clean install the previous drivers, so that there wouldnt be any conflicts as such, that you might be facing. Can you log into safe mode and try to completely remove the nvidia drivers, and after that reboot the pc? If so, then only after completely removing the drivers, try to install the new versions of the graphics driver.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"