Thread: How to update Zune player firmware

How to update Zune player firmware

Hi, Couple of days ago, i heard a news that new and updated software for Zune has been released. Actually, i want to update my Zune player firmware or software to the latest one but as i am not aware of doing so i need your guidance for the same. Could you guys please make me know how can i update my Zune device firmware ? Thanks in advance for your kindness.

Re: How to update Zune player firmware

Firmware is embedded software that controls the operation of hardware devices. At first, the firmware is installed at the factory. However, you can upgrade the firmware for a piece of hardware when improvements become available.

To update your Zune device, follow these steps:

• Click Settings, click software, click General, and then click Check for Updates

• Connect the Zune device to your computer by using the Zune sync cable. Use a USB port on the back of the computer. Do not use a USB hub.

• Open the Zune software while the Zune device is still connected to your computer. The Zune software searches the Internet for the latest version of the firmware. If a newer version of the Zune firmware is available than the version that you have installed, a notice to update your device appears. You can also manually check for new device updates by clicking Settings, by clicking device, and then by clicking Device Update.

Do not move or disconnect the Zune device until the update is complete. The update may take several minutes. During this time, the Zune device may restart several times.

Make sure that you have the current version of the Zune software installed on your computer. If you are a new Zune customer visit Zune Web site and install the Zune software for your computer.

To determine what version of the software is installed on the Zune device, follow these steps:
    1. On the home screen of the Zune player, select settings.
    2. Select about, and then select zune.

In case there you face some problem in updating the software, here is some troubleshooting that cab help you for sure:-

• Restart the Zune device by Pressing and holding the On/Off button for about 10 seconds until the player restarts.

• Disconnect the Zune device, restart the computer, and then connect the Zune device to the computer again.

• Connect the Zune device directly to a USB port on the computer.

• Try to update the software on the Zune device again. You may succeed on the second try.