Thread: Cell Phone Modem Issue

Cell Phone Modem Issue

Most often i used my cellphone as my modem, in order to connect it through USB port. Now, i would like to know that is it possible for me to connect a second computer at the same time while using my cellphone as a modem? Is there any kind of router, which can help me to do so? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Any kind of suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Cell Phone Modem Issue

The theoretical maximum bandwidth supported by a cell phone modem varies depending on the communication standards your phone service supports. Mobile workers will not always have Bluetooth enabled or Infrared ready cell phones or laptops. Nor will they always have access to Wi-Fi hot spots when they need Internet access.

Most cell phones connect to a computer via USB cable, and many PDA phones come with such a cable. When using your cell phone as a modem, you should expect to see sluggish delays and bursts of data transmission, that lower the perceived speed of your connection even further. Using your cell phone as a modem will not be as fast as using a Wi-Fi hot spot or other broadband connection method. The speed will also be affected by whether your connection is analog or digital at the time you are using the cell phone as a modem.

According to me you can use a splitter in order to connect your phone to the computer. If you only require the Internet connection to send and receive email and do light Internet surfing, then the connection speed will be adequate for your needs. The possibility of higher data speeds makes using your cell phone as a modem for your laptop a more enticing prospect than it’s been in the past.