Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2009

How to register an iPhone with itunes

Yesterday a bought a Apple iPhone from app store. Its really a cool device for me as i am using it for the first time. Some of my friends using iphone told me that i need to register it itunes so that i will need it for service or in case of loss.

Is that true ? If yes, than please make me know how can i register my iPhone with iTunes? I appreciate all your help..
Old 09-10-2009

Re: How to register an iPhone with itunes

To register iPhone with iTunes you need to first install iTunes on your system. Here is the step by step of the process:-
  • Download and install the latest version of iTunes
  • Connect iPhone to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac or PC using the cable that came with iPhone.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions in iTunes to register iPhone and sync iPhone with your contacts, calendars, and bookmarks on your computer, and with music, video, and other content from your iTunes library.
  • In the Set Up Your iPhone screen, select ?Automatically sync contacts, calendars and bookmarks? to configure those items to sync automatically when you connect iPhone to your computer. You can also customize your sync settings in iTunes.
Old 09-10-2009

Registering iPhone with iTunes enables iTunes to identify your iPhone when it?s connected to your computer and help you manage its contents. You can then sync information with your computer and media from iTunes, and create backups of iPhone?s contents and settings. You can create an iTunes Store account, or specify an existing account, to enable purchases with iPhone.
Old 09-10-2009

hey, thanks for sharing this useful tip. I was also in search of this as i bought my iphone last week. I tried to register it on iTunes but was not getting the option to do so. Anyways, thanks and help appreciated. !!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,