Thread: Nokia 6300 Cellphone battery problem

Nokia 6300 Cellphone battery problem

Hey Guys,

Last week i had purchased a brand new Nokia 6300 cellphone. Now the problem is that according to technical information its battery should last fro at least 14 days that too on a stand by mode. But i have to reload it once a day. Is there any kind of battery problem with my new Nokia 6300 cellphone? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct information on the above battery problem.

Thanks.

Re: Nokia 6300 Cellphone battery problem

The main reason for the poor battery life is due to the battery being insufficient for the specification of the phone. it is not the aluminum cover that's the problem, but the slim size because of which Nokia have put BL-4C battery. It appears to keep the phone as slim as it is, Nokia have put in a relatively old battery; one that they were using in phones that had just 4096 colour screens and the screen itself was perhaps half the size of the 6300’s.

Allow the phone to completely discharge before recharging. The battery consumes lots of power due to the TFT screen i think, but if you don't fiddle with the features and use only for calling the battery stays for two to three days. This forces the phone’s screen to turn off much more rapidly than if left to its own devices.

Yes there is definitely a problem with 6300 battery. Batteries are designed for a certain number of charge cycles. Even I have one and it does not stay for more than 12 hours(normal usage) if I recharge it for about 8 hours. If you keep charging them more frequently than required, such a when the cellphones has discharges just a big, then you run through the cycles faster. Decrease screen bright, also could be a solution. Turn off GPRS search. As far I remember nothing else to do to improve battery life. In a battery charged too often, especially when it has enough charge, internal resistance goes up and also speeds up discharge. Here's a tip to squeee the most from your bater; charge only when it drained out. Charging it say, 60% power will reduce the life of battery.