| || |
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: How to upgrade Samsung SCH-I760 to Windows Mobile 6.1
To upgrade Samsung SCH-I760 to Windows Mobile 6.1 first download SCH-i760 Upgrade Tool and follow these steps:-
- First install Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) On The Computer
- Double click SCH-i760 WM 6_1 Upgrade_Tool.exe
- Read over the EULA, accept the terms, and click Next
- The Upgrade Tool will perform a system check for required software to perform the update.
- The Upgrade Tool will now launch the installation program to install the drivers on the computer.
- Please read and accept the Agreement, click Yes to continue.
- Click Next to continue.
- Click Finish. The computer will restart automatically and launch the Upgrade Tool upon bootup into Windows.
- Now Minimize the Upgrade Tool. Verifying the Samsung Modem Driver installation is important to successfully update to Windows Mobile 6.1.
- On the SCH-i760, press Start > Settings > System > Data Connection. Select As the modem through USB and press Ok.
- Attach the USB cable from the computer to the handset. You may see notifications indicating device driver installation. This is normal.
- Upon the completion of the install, click Start, and type in the search field devmgmt.msc and press Enter on the keyboard.
- From The Device Manager window, click the + next to Modems and verify SAMSUNG Mobile Modem is listed.
- Click the + next to Ports (COM & LPT) to verify that SAMSUNG Mobile Modem Diagnostic Serial Port (WDM) is listed.
- Click the + next to Universal Serial Bus controllers to verify that SAMSUNG USB Composite Device is listed.
- After verification of installation, close the Device Manager and disconnect the USB cable from the phone.
- Now Begin Software Update Process. close all open programs except the Upgrade Tool and maximize that window.
- Please acknowledge the instructions and proceed by clicking Continue. Click Yes.
- The Upgrade Tool is preparing to establish a connection with the handset.
- The Upgrade Tool is in a “Ready State”. The Tool is preparing connection between the computer and the handset.
- The Upgrade Tool has changed over to a “Detect State”. It will take a few moments to finalize the connection.
- Please follow the onscreen instructions needed to start the upgrade procedure. USB connections should be unchecked in Windows Mobile Device
- Center and the handset reset per details below.
- The SCH-i760 ROM is being updated (to BJ10) with a new image from to Windows Mobile 6.1. It will be a three part process. It will update the Eboot sector, PDA sector, and last the Phone sector. Actually downloading time will vary depending upon local conditions however it should take roughly 10-15 minutes to finish.
- The upgrade has now been completed. Please re-enable support for USB connection in Windows Mobile Device Center to synchronize data back on the handset. When that has been completed, click on the Finish to terminate the Upgrade Tool.