Thread: How can i restore Zune device

How can i restore Zune device

Hi, i have a very short query here and urgent help from you all guys.

From last few days my Zune device is behaving in some strange manner. It gets freeze for most of the time and later it gets turned off itself. I can not return it to the manufacturer as it is no more under warranty.

So i want to restore my Zune device. Could you guys please make me know how can i do that? Thanks for all your kindness.

Re: How can i restore Zune device

To restore the Zune device software, you must have a Windows-based computer that has an Internet connection. That computer must have the Zune software installed. And you must be able to connect the Zune device to a USB port on that computer by using a Zune Sync Cable. Do not perform the following steps if you do not have any one or more of these things immediately available.

After you start to restore the Zune device software, you cannot again use the device until you complete all the steps. You will not receive any confirmation or warning on the Zune device after you start the following procedure.

To restore the Zune device software, follow these steps:-

• Set the Hold Switch to unlocked.

• Press and hold the Back button while you press and hold the top of the Zune Pad. When the Zune device begins to power up, release the buttons.

• Immediately after you release the buttons in step 2, press and hold the following combination of buttons, depending on your Zune model:
      • If you have the Zune 4GB, the Zune 8GB, the Zune 16GB, the Zune 80GB, or the Zune 120GB, immediately press and hold the Back button while you press both the Zune Pad and the Play/Pause button. Continue to hold these buttons until your Zune device restarts and "Please wait" appears on the screen.
      • If you have the 30GB Zune, immediately press and hold the Back button while you press both the left side of the Zune pad and the center of the Zune pad. Continue to hold these buttons until your Zune device restarts and "Please wait" appears on the screen.

• After “Connect Zune to your PC” appears, connect the Zune device to the computer that has the current Zune software installed, and then update the device to the current Zune device software.

When you restore your Zune device software, the startup partition and the data partition are removed and rebuilt. In addition to removing the Zune device software, this process also erases all content, including music, videos, pictures, podcasts, friends, games, and audio books that are stored on the Zune device.So it is better to take a backup of your device first before restoring.

To back up the content from your Zune device to your computer, follow these steps:-
    1. Connect the Zune device to the computer.
    2. If the Zune software does not automatically start, start the Zune software.
    3. In the Zune software, click device.
    4. Select the content category that you want to sync. (For example, select music.)
    5. Right-click the item or the category that you want to reverse sync, and then click Copy to my collection.
    6. After the sync process is completed, disconnect the Zune device from the computer

Once you are finished you will find the content from the Zune device is available in the Zune collection on your computer.

I suggest you to sync your Zune device with the Zune client software on your computer to back up any Zune Marketplace content before you perform Zune restore. Both DRM-encoded and DRM-free content are available for purchase from the Zune Marketplace. After you purchase content from the Zune Marketplace, it is important to back up this content to protect your investment in case the content that you purchased is accidentally lost and you cannot restore it from the Zune Marketplace. You can back up the content by burning it to a CD or to a DVD.