Thread: Zune player freezes when i press any button

Zune player freezes when i press any button

I am need of some urgent help from you all guys. I am having a Zune media player that is now almost 6 months old. It was working fine but from last few days whenever i press any button it get freeze for about 5 seconds and nothing happens. It does not respond anything. Do you guys have any suggestion or fix for this kind of problem ? Please help.

Re: Zune player freezes when i press any button

Most probably this problem occurs when hold switch is in the locked position and the back light on the Zune device turns off. To resolve this behavior you need to Unlock the hold switch. To unlock the hold switch, move the hold switch to the unlocked position. It may help to move the switch back and forth to make sure that the switch is fully in the unlocked position. After you unlock the hold switch, press the Play/Pause button to wake the device. Do let me know the result.

If the Zune device is turned off, connecting the Zune device to a power source will wake the Zune device and turn it on. If the device does not turn on immediately, allow your Zune device to charge for 30 minutes, and then disconnect and reconnect the cable to turn the player on. It can take up to 3 hours to fully charge.

As soon as the Zune device is back up and running, connect the Zune device to the computer that has the latest Zune software installed, and then update the device to the latest Zune device software version.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful info. I was also facing this problem some months ago with my Zune device and i fixed it by restoring the device. I think this can help you also. But remember that when you restore your Zune device software, all content and the device software is removed.