Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009

Nintendo DS Lite Microphone not responding

Hi, i have a Nintendo DS Lite console at home which is now 3 months old. It was working fine yet and still as well, accept the one, its Microphone. Today, i found that its microphone is not responding anything. I tried to unplug and plug its cable again but still it is not working.

Do you guys have any suggestion regarding the same ? Please help me out here. Thanks !!
Old 07-10-2009

Re: Nintendo DS Lite Microphone not responding

I am not able to get what might be the exact problem but you first make sure that the inserted game supports the Nintendo DS Lite microphone feature. Also check whether this problem only occurs when playing a certain game or if it occurs with all games.

If the inserted game offers a menu option for adjusting the microphone, use this option to adjust the sensitivity level for the microphone. You can find more information on settings options in the respective game manual. If the malfunction occurs with all games, i'll suggest you to please return it to the manufacturer, if it is still under warranty.
Old 07-10-2009

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful topic and the tips.. I am also in need of some similar help. From last 2 days, there is no sound from the speakers of my Nintendo DS Lite console, rest all is fine. Now before returning it for repair under warranty, i wonder to fix it manually, if possible.

Is there anyone to make me know some tips ?
Old 07-10-2009

I think, if it is under warranty than doing it manually is not a good idea. But anyways, here is what you can try yourself but remember that this can avoid the warranty. First try adjusting the volume control on your Nintendo DS Lite.

If the problem only occurs with one game check whether the volume can be turned off via the game's options menu and if this function has been activated. If this does not solve the problem, the game will need to be returned to us for repair or replacement. If the problem occurs with all games, the Nintendo DS Lite will need to be returned to us for repair or replacement.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,