Thread: MS Office for iPhone

MS Office for iPhone

Hi,

Will MS Office for Mac OS X be supported by the iPhone?I heard that the iPhone has the ability to view Ms Excel, Word and PowerPoint. I also have an unlocked iPhone so do I need to install a 3rd party application . How to get Microsoft WORD,EXCEL, PowerPoint Files on Iphone.

Re: MS Office for iPhone

According to Apple, there is no 3rd party application and also not in development for iPhone. iPhone can natively read these documents if you're sent an e-mail with an attachment. Unfortunately there is no separate application to view them, let alone edit them.

I think, the iPhone currently only reads Word documents and Excel. I think that is not compatible with PowerPoint. I tried it, and will not open the PowerPoint file. For a Word file, the iPhone actually has an arrow that can touch, you open the document in another window.

Documents To Go from Data viz is an all-in-one application with support for Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, PDF, Apple iWork and other files. It includes a desktop application (Win and Mac) to provide 2-way file synchronization and a version with support for attachments is also available for Microsoft Exchange e-mail users who need to send, receive and edit attachments on the iPhone.

In addition to supporting Microsoft Word and Excel, Documents To Go incorporates Apple's built-in viewing technology to help you view other files, such as PowerPoint and PDFs on your device. That way, Documents To Go keeps all your important files in one central location and makes managing and using them simple and straightforward.

noltyx Guest

mmm...useful info...