Thread: Samsung SGH-X520 PC connectivity Problem

Samsung SGH-X520 PC connectivity Problem

I am using a Samsung SGH-X520 mobile. I had purchased the same in second hand condition some weeks before. I had now arranged a data cable to back up my contacts in my PC. When I connect the phone to the PC it show up as a unrecognized USB device. I had restarted the system and then try it back again. If the message continuous then I will not able to install the phone to my pc. I am trying to do the same on a XP computer. Thanks.

Re: Samsung SGH-X520 PC connectivity Problem

Do you have the PC suite software of the phone. It is necessary because some PC Suite are equipped with the mobile drivers for different operating systems. You can download the same from below. The below is link is for the PC suite software for Samsung SGH-X520. The PC suite works on Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Vista. You can also download the same from the official site of Samsung.
    Samsung SGH-X520 PC Suite Download

I think a Firmware upgrade can solve out your issue. Second thing try to install the phone in a different port. If possible get the CD of the phone. First run the setup of below download and then connect your phone. Then Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. In the list click on Scan for new hardware. If you have the proper drivers then the Windows utility will list the mobile name.
    Firmware Update for Samsung SGH-X520

It is possible that due to inappropriate drivers you are not able to connect the phone to the PC. Click on Start > Run. Type here Devmgmt.msc. See in the list any hardware has yellow exclamation mark or warning sign. Right click on it and uninstall it. Then restart your system. On rebooting Windows will detect the new hardware and install it as a plug and play device. Also try to update your USB 2.0 drivers to the latest one.