Thread: How to format Nokia N79

How to format Nokia N79

Hi,
    I had received a old Nokia N79 mobile. The mobile is working extremely slow. It takes up long time to start and give out the menu. I think it needs to be formatted for cleaning up all old junk. Now what are the ways to do so. First I want to restore the original factory settings back. What is the procedure for this. Second how can I update the software of the phone. Updating new software will make the phone more flexible to use. And at last where can I get PC suite and drivers for the phone. Thanks.

Re: How to format Nokia N79

It is easy to format your phone which is also called as soft reset. Dial *#7370# in your phone and press OK when prompted. It will ask you for a security code for the phone. The default code for all Nokia phone is 123456. After that your phone will reset to factory settings wiping out every thing. If your mobile is a clone of N79 then try *#7780#. This will just clear up all old applications and information. If you want you can simply back up your entire thing in the Memory card by using the back up utility.

The PC suite for the mobile is available for free. Or download the same from below. For the software update there are two ways of doing this. First if you have internet service in your mobile phone then it can be done from there. Press *#0000# in your phone. Then go to Options > Check for updates. Follow the instructions and you are done. Other wise download the same from the official site.
    Nokia N79 PC Suite

There are multiple applications and support available on Nokia's site. There also some free to use software provided. You can download the software update for the phone from the download page of Nokia site. Then run the software connect the mobile to the PC and give next. It will automatically update the phone software to the current version. Download the Bluetooth and Modem driver from below.