Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009

Sony Ericsson Dual Sim Phone

Right now i'm using Nokia6610 phone. I'm using dual sim adapter on it, which allows me to use 2 SIM CARDS with one phone. I can easily use it without opening the phone. I would like to know that is there any Sony Ericsson dual sim phone available in the market? Any one knows about it? Let me know your views on the above topic. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2009

Re: Sony Ericsson Dual Sim Phone

A dual SIM mobile phone is one which has two Subscriber Identity Modules (SIMs). Dual Sim Phones let you get two calls simultaneously Dual SIM phones indicates that one cell phone with two SIM card slots,and you can receive two calls simultaneously(namely dual standby).People are always pesky in taking two cell phones when on business trip. Dual-SIM adapters are available to allow cellphones to contain two SIMs, and to switch from one to the other as required. Some phones are designed to work with two SIMs, both of which may be active at the same time.
Old 03-10-2009

Dual-SIM operation allows the use of two services without the need to carry two phones at the same time. There are many versions out in the market and many features not supported by UK and European phones. Twin SIM or dual sim cards allows you to use two sim cards in one phone.Normal GSM phones contain a single transceiver, dual-SIM phones must have dual transceivers, and need to display signal strength for both networks. A phone with a single transceiver cannot be converted to simultaneous dual-SIM operation, at most it can be made switchable with the use of an adapter.
Old 03-10-2009

I don't think that you will find dual sim phone features in Sony Ericsson. The Samsung D880 is a Dual SIM phone from Samsung. You will get many companies dual sim features phone in the market except Nokia and Sony Ericsson. The latest model includes an iPhone look alike which is the smallest dual-SIM phone ever built.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,