Thread: Maximum battery life for blackberry storm

Maximum battery life for blackberry storm

I'm using a Blackberry storm phone. The problem is that the battery life seems to be very low. I had just made some few short phone calls and i didn't use any applications all the time. Even if i had my phone fully charged after around ten hours later it got almost empty. I was wondering is something wrong with my battery? Can any body tell me that what is the maximum battery life for blackberry storm? Any one have any idea about? Let me know your views on the above topic. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Maximum battery life for blackberry storm

I think in general the storms battery is not enough for how much it does. If you think you are having quick battery discharge issues, give yourself a week or so until your daily BlackBerry usage levels off to a perceived normal amount.

These type Li-Ion batteries like a small topping-off during the day. The KEY is that after a while, a couple of months, is that your BlackBerry battery meter may become inconsistent with the actual battery charge. Turn off the Bluetooth connection when you don’t need it. At that point, it is advised to recalibrate your meter and battery. This is done simply by allowing the battery to deplete to 10-15% of charge and then charge fully, about three times in a row. Some applications such JiveTalk have a “battery save mode” when idle. Log off applications such as JiveTalk, AIM, Google Talk if you are not using them for long periods of time.

When exiting a program or function, use the BB menu button first, to bring up the options screen, then scroll to the bottom of the list and select close. These Li-Ion batteries are good for about 300 full charge cycles, which is a reason that topping off the battery during the day is recommended, and for the same reason, why FULL battery depletion is NOT recommended on a constant basis. Pressing the red phone button to close a function, merely suspends the program leaving it open to consume memory resources.