Thread: Differences between Netbook and Notebook

Differences between Netbook and Notebook

Mainly interested in a new mini-computer like a netbook. Can any one tell me that what is the differences between Netbook and Notebook? Wondering exactly what a netbook is and what you'd gain and have to give up over a notebook? Any one knows the actual differences between the two? Kindly provide me the correct information. Anyways thanks in adavance.

Re: Differences between Netbook and Notebook

The idea of a netbook isn't exactly new. From what i gather netbooks are basically underpowered notebooks used primarily just for surfing the web. hey lack most of the processing power a regular notebook has not to mention dedicated graphics cards and things of that nature.

Netbooks are devices designed purposely for the Internet, to communicate, learn, and view information. The Netbook is generally a stripped down, small laptop with a less than a 10” screen, designed primarily for the mobile user that needs to access the Internet, respond to some email and write a few documents. They have in common a compact form factor of seven to ten inches, are light-weight, feature comparatively longer battery life than notebooks, and are less dependent on a battery charger during the day. They are easily portable and can be easily moved from one place to another place.

A simple answer is that, compared to notebooks, netbooks are simply smaller, lighter and cheaper - approximately the size and weight of a hardback novel or diary, weighing around 1 kilogram. When it comes to battery life, most netbooks can stay longer than notebooks making the former less dependent on charging. However, you cannot deny the fact that notebooks are multipurpose in nature allowing you to accomplish more computing tasks. Screen sizes (the diagonal measurement across the screen) vary from 7-10 inches for a netbook to 12+ inches for a notebook, typically around 15.4 inches. Netbooks, powered by Intel’s Atom processor are not as powerful as notebooks, and lack the facility to play CDs or DVDs.