Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-09-2009

How to transfer video from Sony handycam to pc

I have an Sony Handycam. I have a bit of a problem, I lost the original drivers for my sony handycam. Just few days back i had formatted my hard drive and now i'm unable to import my videos to my pc. I have the sony handy cam in the usb drive. Can any body tell me that how to transfer Video from my sony handy cam to my pc? Any body have any idea about it? Kindly help me to transfer videos from my sony handy cam to my pc. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 30-09-2009

Re: How to transfer video from Sony handycam to pc

The most efficient way of doing this is with an IEEE 1394 cable, commonly called firewire. Normally, the firewire cable that connects PCs to DV cams has 6 pins at the PC end (larger connector) and 4 pins at the DV cam end (smaller connector).
Old 30-09-2009

On laptops, the PC connector may also be the smaller type (presumably to save space). In the former case, you need a 6 pin to 4 pin cable, and in the latter, a 4 pin to 4 pin cable (obviously). Since import via USB gets bad quality video, we decided to import from i.LINK port, which is better than USB in video data transferring.
Old 30-09-2009

If you transfer digital video using firewire, you should expect perfect quality (i.e. identical to what you originally shot) and exactly the same length of video. A firewire cable transfers in digital so the video quality is sharper and crisper than video from an analog camcorder. One hallmark of this device is the ability to quickly transfer recordings from camera to a computer using the PC operating system and without the need of an external capture program.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,