Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-09-2009

Reset iTunes library

I would like to know that how to reset my iTunes library? Will it delete my music and other files from my iTunes library? Let me know the correct way of resetting my iTunes library. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Old 30-09-2009

Re: Reset iTunes library

If you're talking about the App Store on the iphone, you need to sync it to their computer to change the App Store settings. Also, depending on the size of your lib, if you use the Backup/Restore routine everything will look idential on both computers.
Old 30-09-2009

No, if you reset the itunes preferences your songs should not be affected. Well if you press start and go to my computer and then file and itunes help and then go to library then press f5 button the library will come up. The Back Up to Disc feature saves your media to a blank disc (CD or DVD) and once backed up, iTunes can use your backup disc(s) to automatically restore your iTunes library.
Old 30-09-2009

Go to User-->Library-->Preferences. Move those three files for the desktop and then restart the computer. Then open your iTunes and check out whether it is resetted or not. Fully reset the iTunes library In addition to removing the iTunes preferences file itself, users might reset their iTunes libraries by leaving any old library files in the default location and then dragging only the contents of the "iTunes Music" folder into the iTunes window to import them all to the new desired location (do this once the desired library location has been set in the iTunes preferences).

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,