Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-09-2009

What are netbook computers

Hi,
Recently a new range of laptop is introduced in the market. They are called as netbook. I want to know the difference between a netbook and a laptop. The best thing I had observed about this that they are small and portable. That means easy to carry as compare to a laptop. But does they compete with the performance of a laptop. Need some comparison points between these portable computers and a laptop. I prefer smartphones instead of spending money on this netbooks. Any suggestion would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 28-09-2009

Re: What are netbook computers

This can be a common confusion to the users. Because Netbooks looks same as like a laptop but there is a great difference between the performance. Netbook has some limited features as compare to a laptop. Netbooks on the other had are convenient and mainly offers all same functionality. Second best point is that they are portable and cheaper. Today there are much more advanced Netbooks. The main difference is size, second Netbooks are designed to provide easy access to the net. It comes with all wi-fi tools. Price is less but upgrade is costly.
Old 28-09-2009

There is not indeed any great difference. Netbooks are designed to make a computer more portable and easy to carry. But still lot of development is going on under this category. Today Netbooks are enough capable to perform all task what a laptop can do. That are limited to all basic features. Second thing Netbooks does not have a optical drive. That means you can not play a disc or burn it. You can also move data via USB port. I will wait for more time in case of a Netbook.
Old 28-09-2009

Netbook is same as a laptop but lacks many features what a laptop can give you like. They are not multitasking. You cannot use a CD/DVD disc due to absent of optical drive. Limited ports due to small model. Other than this you can mail, chat, surf internet. For multimedia and gaming they are a weak performer. They are basically for a frequent and net use.
Old 30-09-2009
joseph james

I too had the same doubt in my mind. There is good article in Wikipedia about netbooks. Please read this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netbook
Old 01-10-2009
jhnsmith978

Yeah, you can consider notebooks as pocket PC as they are easy to carry..
Ofcourse there are performance issues between these two notebook and laptop.notebooks cannot give you as better performance as laptop can...

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,