Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Canon 40D firmware

Portable Devices

Old 21-09-2009

Canon 40D firmware

Hi,

I have this Canon 40D camera with thew older firmware, my friend recently told me that canon has released a new firmware with a lot of changes. i went to canon site but could not find the latest Canon 40D firmware update. please give me the detail about the Canon 40D firmware. from where i get this new update ?

Thanks

Old 21-09-2009

Re: Canon 40D firmware

Canon has released firmware version 1.0.5 for its EOS-40D DSLR. But you wont get this update if you are visiting canon us site, cause the new update is Available now via Canon Japan's website, the update contains bug fixes and a couple of modifications to the camera's image playback. Click through for a list of changes and the all-important download link.
Old 21-09-2009

The new Canon 40D firmware update Version 1.1.1
1. Fixes a malfunction that in rare occurrence causes a low battery indication to be displayed when using the EF 85mm F1.2L II USM lens. Depending on the battery check timing of the camera, the battery level displayed on the camera's LCD data panel may shows Battery will be exhausted soon or Battery must be recharged, even though the battery capacity is sufficient.
2. Fixes a malfunction that in rare occurrence causes an Err 06 Self Cleaning Sensor malfunction to appear on the camera's LCD monitor and LCD data panel, even when the Self Cleaning Sensor Unit is operating normally. This message may appear depending on the timing of when the camera is switch to the ON position.
3. Fixes a malfunction that prevents correct colors from being printed when direct printing. RAW images captured using the camera's custom Picture Styles (Emerald, etc.), which have been downloaded from Canon's Web site and registered under User Def. 2 or User Def. 3.
4. Modifies the level of subject brightness that causes the AF-assist beam to fire when using an external Speedlite.
5. Enables an external flash connected to the camera's synchro terminal to fire even when the camera's built-in flash is popped up.
Old 21-09-2009

you can update Canon 40D firmware from here, The firmware update procedure is available in the PDF file at the end of that page. Please download the PDF file and read the procedure carefully before updating the firmware.

Here is the Firmware Update Version 1.1.1 (for Windows extraction)
Firmware Update Version 1.1.1 (for Mac OS X extraction)

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,